To assign an Easel Activity to your students in Canvas, you’ll first need to open the resource in Easel so that it will appear in your list of activities in Canvas. Note that you will not need to create an access code, and you will not see Canvas as an assignment directly in Easel. Learn more about opening an Easel Activity here.
To assign the activity from Canvas, please:
- Create a new assignment and navigate to Submission Type.
- Set the type to External Tool.
- Click “Find” to enter or find an external tool URL.
- Find and select Easel by TpT to see a list of your Easel Activities.
- If you’d like to edit the activity, click the resource image or title to open Easel in a new tab. When you’ve finished making any edits to the activity, navigate back to the Canvas tab in your browser.
- When you’re ready to assign to students, select the resource by clicking “Embed” and then “Select.”
- This will add the link to the assignment page, where you can add additional details to the assignment.
- Note: You can choose whether you’d like to have the assignment open in the same window or in a new window for your students. We recommend selecting the ‘Load This Tool In A New Tab’ option for an optimal experience.
- Click “Save and Publish” in Canvas to assign the activity for your students to complete.